The Montalbo Nursery and Primary School Physical Education, School Sport and Physical Activity (PESSPA) offer 2022 – 2023 and beyond.
At Montalbo School we endeavour to use the Primary PE and Sport Premium to ensure our pupils receive the best possible PESSPA offer. We enhance learning through extra-curricular clubs, swimming lessons and through a broad and balanced curriculum. From Nursery to Reception, we use the Primary PE Passport App to support teachers in providing active challenging and progressive content for their lessons.
Our PE curriculum is carefully mapped out to ensure:
- Purposeful Intent – a well-designed curriculum, with broad coverage and challenge
- Quality Implementation – effective lessons, based on relevant pedagogy. Robust assessment and intervention.
- Maximum Impact – measured attainment. Child’s PE journey built from Nursery to Y6.
- To equip children with the skills, knowledge and attitude they need to lead healthy lifestyles, work outside their comfort zone and continue lifelong participation in sport.
- To allow children build on prior knowledge through a carefully sequenced and progressive curriculum.
- To promote determination, resilience and motivation for sport from an early age.
- To deepen and extend pupil’s knowledge of swimming, games, gymnastics, dance, OAA and athletics.
- To develop children’s knowledge and appreciation of sport and sporting culture.
- To enable pupils who are talented in sport, to succeed and participate in extra-curricular competition.
- To provide ALL of our children the opportunity to take part in competitions.
- Staff will use research around cognitive science to help children learn and remember more.
- PE will be taught every week (minimum of 2 hours per week).
- Each year group will have the opportunity to compete via the Staindrop SLA Partnership and through intra-school competitions.
- During units of work, teachers will build upon skills already taught and ensure children progress.
- Teachers will ensure that all lessons are safe and the correct equipment is available for all children including those with SEND.
- Teachers will use the Primary PE Passport planning to provide children with the opportunities to learn new ideas, practice them, retain them and perform them.
- Teachers will use the Primary PE Passport App to assess children’s progress and ability during each session.
- Children will develop competence to excel in a broad range of physical activities
- Children are physically active for sustained periods of time
- Children engage in competitive sports and activities
- Children lead healthy, active lives
- Children are provided with opportunities beyond the National curriculum to further support their sporting and social development.
- Children are signposted to attend additional local clubs where teachers have identified their talents.
- Children have the opportunity to experience different sporting activities across the year.